QR Code Link to This Post
Capitol Lakes is a vibrant Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in the heart of downtown Madison, and a part of Pacific Retirement Services. Located a block off the capitol square, our residents enjoy a beautiful homelike atmosphere and have the finest amenities available within their own community. As a CARF accredited CCRC Capitol Lakes represents the leading edge of what is new in wellness and health care. Enjoy the benefits of working in our 85 bed, 5 Star, Skilled Nursing Facility that values patient centered care.
We have an immediate opening for a part-time Rehabilitation and Fitness Specialist as part of our Wellness Program. The Rehabilitation and Fitness Specialist is responsible for promoting physical fitness and assisting in restoring function of a primary population of senior residents. The role involves leading group exercise classes on land and in the water, assisting with individual restorative exercise programs on land or in the water and assisting physical or occupational therapy with the delivery of skilled therapeutic services. This position is responsible for training seniors about exercising within the bounds of their health conditions and monitoring their safe performance of fitness programs either in a group or individually.
In addition, the Rehabilitation and Fitness Specialist assists the Wellness Director in administering all wellness programs in the Aquatic and Wellness Center, Health Center, Assisted Living and Independent Living. Support volunteers, assists in program planning, conducts fitness programs, leads activities, and ensures accurate charting of activities for State compliance.
- Conducts activities in the Aquatic and Wellness Center, Health Center, Assisted Living and Independent Living Areas.
- Conducts and coordinates in?room programs with residents.
- Complies with safety standards.
- Assures maximum participation at all programs by conducting fitness and specialty classes that will motivate residents, public members, and staff.
- Aids in creating individual fitness programs for residents, public members and staff.
- Assists the Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy Department as a therapy aide for Aquatic and Land Therapy as needed.
- Ensures accurate daily charting of all Health Center patient activities to assure State compliance.
- Responsible for the proper care and use of supplies and equipment.
- Works with Wellness Director in creation and production of promotional literature.
- Aids in Membership Sign ups.
- Aids in creating and administering activity goals.
- Attends resident care plan meetings as required.
- Attends conferences and meetings in the Wellness field.
- Makes sure the fitness areas are neat and tidy at the conclusion of programs and cleans areas as needed during open hours.
- Other duties assigned.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of nursing care activities, and a good knowledge of physiology and anatomy to assist residents, public members, and staff in their programs, usually the result of higher education or 2 ? 3 years of experience in the field.
- Must have knowledge of fitness room equipment and exercise machines and the proper use thereof to successfully and safely assist residents.
- Must have a certification to perform fitness activities safely. Certification agencies require at least 40 ? 120 hrs of classwork, practicum and exam to assure competency. Acceptable agencies are American College of Sports Medicine, ACE, and Senior Fitness Association.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license, and be insurable by Capitol Lakes insurance carrier.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to attain specialty certifications such as Aquatic Exercise Association, and others for delivering fitness programs as needed.