favorite this postProfessional Male looking for shared apt or house (Aug 1) (Madison)hide this posting
cats are OK - purrr
QR Code Link to This Post
I have been living in downtown Madison for the past 10 years and have loved it, but the ever-increasing rent is finally forcing me to make a move. I'd LOVE to remain in this area if possible and have always had an interest in the vibe of the Willy/Jennifer St area, Atwood neighborhood or anywhere near my current location (near Wisconsin & Gorham).
- 50 years old, which is really difficult to imagine (and type) as I sure do not feel it and you'd be surprised if you met me. Definitely a young-at-heart type and very liberal. (If you're a staunch conservative or on the MAGA train, it's not going to work out.)
- I LOVE world travel and meeting people, experiencing cultures and having new adventures. I'm at 25 countries and counting, just ticked off Taiwan last week.
- Former high school social studies teacher, current TA at the UW School of Medicine. That's not a full-time gig, so I do other work on the side as well.
- I inherited a wonderful, social and loving cat when the gf moved overseas to teach. The cat will either be coming with me, or moving to Grand Cayman. I won't be sure yet for a bit, but for now I'd have to consider us a package deal. Therefore, I probably would not be able to get into a situation with a dog owner for now. (The cat does not handle dogs well.)
- I have a profound, progressive hearing impairment and wear hearing aids, so I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding that some environments can be difficult for me.
- The partying days are behind me, but I do love good beer, the occasional cocktail, great conversation and all that comes with just hanging out.
- I'm an experienced photographer but don't do much of it these days. I'm happy to teach!
- Love cooking, backyard fires with friends, game nights, outdoor activities (hiking, kayaking, boating, skiing), keep myself active by playing hockey, totally enjoy movies and a Netflix binge and
- My roommate philosophy is simple. Respect is where it's all at. I do my best to keep common areas clean, do my own dishes, clean up after myself and respect the hours of any housemates.
- After having lived in many, many rentals, I have a couple of "must haves" on my list: a/c, on-site laundry, a dishwasher, off-street parking (that one is negotiable).
- I have lived with men and women and am completely open to either as long as we are a good match.
- Open to anyone mid-20s and up, so long as maturity and responsibility are present. Please don't let the "50" thing scare you off if you are a bit younger. I'm sure we can learn a lot from one another.
- My current lease ends July 31st but I am open to arrangements which would begin earlier than that.
- What's most important is compatibility in many of the things I listed about myself. If you are liberal-minded, good-hearted, kind, respectful, responsible and an interesting human being, I'd love to hear from you.
After living by myself for many years, it will be an adjustment and I do enjoy my privacy at times. There are so many cool places for rent on Craigslist that are meant for 3-4 people, and that's way out of my price range. So please do get in touch. . .perhaps we can find a few like-minded people for a great, mutually-beneficial living arrangement.
(Please initiate contact via email or text.)
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers