QR Code Link to This Post
At Purple Cow Organics we believe that the quality of the food we eat is directly related to the quality of the soil in which it is grown. Purple Cow Organics is a locally-owned company that produces quality soil amendment products such as premium compost, growing media and liquid biologicals for customers in the Midwest and beyond. We are committed to making a difference for both the professional and backyard grower, and are looking for dedicated professionals to join our growing team!
This position will report to the Director of Operations. This will be a fast-paced environment and will challenge you with different tasks throughout your week. This is primarily an office-based position that will expose the successful individual to many aspects of the business.
General Administrative duties include: filing, phones, credit applications, etc.
- Payroll reporting and production tracking
- Entry of Sales Orders and daily sales tickets
- Equipment maintenance reporting - including entry of equipment hours, work orders and expenses.
- Assist in Logistics Coordination on sales orders
- Assist the Director of Operations on various operations reports, registrations and projects.
Qualified Candidates Must Present the Following Attributes
- Ability to switch tasks quickly and multi-task when needed
- Desire to work in a growing, changing environment
- A positive, "can do" attitude
- Willingness to assist with other tasks as they arise
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Accurate data entry skills
- General understanding of accounting practices, Sage 50 or 100 experience a plus
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years experience in either: Accounting, Operations, or Administrative duties
Compensation - Commensurate with experience
Please apply at www.PurpleCowOrganics.com or mail resume and cover letter to PO Box 620856 Middleton, WI 53562.
Purple Cow Organics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.