compensation: Competitive starting wage based on experience! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Advanced Assembly Inc., located in University Research Park on the west side of Madison, is adding an Office Assistant to our well-trained and experienced staff. Advanced Assembly, Inc. is an electronics manufacturing provider of electronic assemblies and products. Our exceptional reputation has been earned through the years based on our production, capability, reliability, and quality.
This full-time position (40 hours per week), offers a 1st shift schedule of Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-3:30PM (some flexibility with start and end times), with overtime as needed, a competitive starting wage, and a full benefits package. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate religious beliefs and practices.
Advanced Assembly offers a diverse, friendly, and casual work environment. We have a proven track record of stability, growth, and providing advancement opportunities. If you have interest in working in a high-tech manufacturing environment while learning, developing, and advancing your career in a skilled trade, we highly recommend that you apply!
Job Description: The Office Assistant is responsible for supporting the functions of the Procurement, Scheduling, and Inventory Control departments. Duties may include making telephone calls, data entry, filing, and other office related tasks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time).
• Perform office duties to support departmental functions.
• Perform data entry and analysis.
• Work directly with suppliers.
• Create, populate and process paperwork.
• File all paperwork, both electronic and/or hard copy, in their proper locations.
• Assist with inventory cycle counting, tracking, and analysis.
• Interface with other departments as required and make suggestions that may result in improvements to product, process, quality and/or efficiency.
• Provide back-up to the Production Office Assistant with duties such as shipping, order entry, invoicing, etc.
• Adhere and work to improve company policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by primary supervisor.
• Associates Degree preferred but will consider equivalent experience.
• Experience with ERP or MRP computer systems is required.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and purchasing operations and scheduling is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Experience in data entry is required.
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to change.
• Self-starter with the ability to work well with others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability and willingness to communicate when issues or trends may occur.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift files and open filing cabinets as necessary.
• Physical ability to move freely, bend or stand as necessary, and have sufficient reflexes to perform the same tasks repeatedly.
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs on occasion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, genetic identity and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers