compensation: $13-15 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY FUNCTION:
The Application Specialist will assist in the rental operations of the Porchlight, Inc. properties, including, but not limited to the following: checking references of prospective residents, obtaining income information, annual recertifications of income and maintaining database for certifications and waiting list.
1. Assistant to Director of Housing.
2. Assists in housing approval process by contacting prospective clients for interviews, obtaining references and income verifications, and doing criminal background checks.
3. Enters information into compliance software.
4. Contacts existing residents to complete annual income certification paperwork, processes paperwork, works with case management to obtain missing information, signs new certifications with residents.
5. Maintains waiting list database, TrackPro software, and annual income certification databases.
6. Prepares Tenant Income Certifications for all new move-ins.
7. Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned by the Director of Housing.
Teamwork & Collaboration:
1. Works in collaboration with program and all other agency staff to facilitate a team environment.
2. Demonstrates and models effective communication skills in building relationships with all clients and employees.
3. Creates good working relationships with other service providers.
4. Participates in the development and implementation of Porchlight’s strategic plan.
Porchlight Values & Culture:
1. Treats all clients, employees, and visitors with caring, kindness, respect, and dignity.
2. Helps to create an environment that values and appreciates diversity.
3. Adheres to all Porchlight policies, procedures, code of conduct, and attendance rules.
4. Maintains strict confidentiality of all information.
5. Adheres to Porchlight policies in the use of computer technology and tele-communications devices.
6. Conducts self within appropriate and expected professional boundaries and policies.
1. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, with residents and other third party contacts, as well as with agency managers and other office team members.
2. Strong math skills.
3. Knowledge of Section 42 and HUD Tenant Income Certifications is preferred.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
6. Strong customer service skills.
7. Ability to work with and sincere respect for people from diverse backgrounds and with different value systems in a supportive, non-judgmental manner.
8. High ethical standards.
To apply, please submit resume and Porchlight Employment Application to:
P: (608) 257-2534 ext. 18
F: (608) 257-2507
306 N. Brooks St.
Madison, WI 53715