compensation: Very Competitive, DOE (for example, $80,000 LCSW) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Behavioral Health Consultant (MSW, LCSW) (Naknek, Alaska)
Are you a master's level social worker looking for a life and career adventure?
Want to work on the front edge of the national movement to integrate behavioral health into medicine?
Prefer brief, solution focused interventions and like to work as part of a medical team?
Our small federally qualified health clinic is expanding our behavioral health program and we are looking for an adventurous MSW or LCSW to join our team.
As a practice environment you'd be working in a small primary care clinic that offers services to everyone- regardless of ability to pay, focuses on building supportive and productive therapeutic relationships, and works hard to support patient goals and self-determination. As a place to live Bristol Bay is a unique and raw environment rich with wildlife and majestic landscapes. Bristol Bay hosts the world's largest salmon fishery and provides opportunities for world class fishing, hunting, photography, berry picking, and other outdoors pursuits and adventures. Read the information below if you are up for a professional and personal adventure!
Camai Community Health Center, located in Naknek, Alaska serves patients in the three communities (Naknek, South Naknek, and King Salmon) that make up the Bristol Bay Borough (BBB). Naknek and King Salmon are connected by a 15-mile paved road, while South Naknek is separated by the Naknek River - except in periods of extreme cold when vehicles can drive across on the ice! Visitors and residents reach the Bristol Bay Borough by local air carrier to the King Salmon airport, there are no roads connecting the BBB with other parts of Alaska.
In addition to the local commercial fishery (the largest sockeye salmon fishery in the world), the region also has a booming sport fishing, hunting, and tourism industry. King Salmon is the jumping off point to Katmai National Park’s Brooks Falls bear viewing area and the entire region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. The local population varies significantly from summer to winter. In the winter, the entire population of the borough is roughly 1,000 people. In the summer, an influx of seasonal workers associated with the salmon fishery and tourism boosts the local population to over 10,000.
Camai Community Health Center is a small Federally Qualified Health Clinic that serves a diverse patient population. Camai has been a medical clinic for nearly three decades and a Federally Qualified Health Clinic for over 15 years and a recognized Patient Centered Medical Home since 2014.
Behavioral Health Consultant Position Description:
The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) is a master’s level mental health clinician based in the primary care clinic where she/he provides behavioral health services to Camai patients as part of Camai’s team-based integrated health clinic. The BHC reports to the behavioral health director (BHD) and works collaboratively with him/her to provide evidence-based behavioral health services to Camai’s diverse patient population. The BHC serves as the primary care team’s behavioral health subject matter expert and assists primary care providers (PCP’s) in identifying at-risk patients, coordinating care, and developing care plans that address psychosocial needs.
The BHC utilizes a culturally sensitive and trauma-informed approach that focuses on awareness, prevention, early intervention, treatment team collaboration, client empowerment, and whole person wellness.
Job Specific Functions/ Performance Expectations:
As a member of the primary care treatment team, the BHC provides direct behavioral health services to Camai patients aimed at identifying, treating, and managing behavioral health concerns in the primary care environment. Brief (10-30 minute) solution focused consultations are provided using a team-based model of assessment, psychoeducation, and consultative co-management with PCP’s.
• Assist PCP’s to identify at-risk patients and incorporate behavioral health and biopsychosocial perspectives into patient care
• Coordinate referrals between primary care and specialized in house mental health/substance abuse services, and step-down referrals from mental health services to primary care
• Assist in the coordination of referrals for hospitalizations and/or residential treatment
• Participate in daily huddles and team case consultations with primary care team
• Participate in staff meetings and work with behavioral health director to identify clinic training needs
• Prepare and facilitate monthly discussions on behavioral health related topics for community members
• Adhere to HIPAA/ 42 CFR rules and regulations
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries within the clinic and community
• Act in accordance with ethical standards for counseling and social work
• Possess and maintain State of Alaska clinical licensure
• Participate in weekly supervision meetings with the behavioral health director
• Actively engage in supervision/consultation with behavioral health director
• Approach and treat patients in accordance with a cultural humility perspective
• Build relationships and collaborate with community resources to benefit Camai patients
• Develop and maintain contacts for relevant referral options for hospitalizations or residential treatment
• Document services provided in the patient’s electronic health record within 48 hours of service delivery
• Perform other job-related projects, services, duties, and activities as assigned
• Generous salary commensurate with experience and licensure (for example LCSW $80,000)
• Weekly clinical supervision toward State of Alaska licensure
• Modest housing w/ utilities or annual housing allowance
• Reimbursement for health insurance premiums, care provided free of charge in-house
• 4 weeks annual paid vacation
• $2,500/year for professional development/training
• Camai CHC is a NHSC approved site for student loan repayment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter/ résumé to the email above attn: Pete Tallman, LCSW
tags: non profit, behavioral health consultant, community health center, integrated behavioral health, clinician, therapist, Alaska, adventurous, rural. MSW, LCSW, LICSW
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers