compensation: $24,960 to $29,640 annually, based on qualifications employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
AGENCY VISION AND MISSION
Our vision is to give every person an opportunity to have a voice in identifying and addressing their needs; and to provide social connections, to fully develop their sense of self and community.
Our mission is to help strengthen families and support children, teens, and adults impacted by trauma and adversity.
Canopy Center is a non-profit organization providing three distinct programs. These programs offer support, advocacy and therapy to families with diverse backgrounds by trained staff and our extensive intern and volunteer program.
CASA, which stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates, is a program that provides trained community advocates to kids who have experienced abuse or neglect and are under the protection of the courts. Advocates work with one child or sibling group, and visit weekly, get to know their situation, and provide a voice for their kid in court when the judge is making important decisions that will affect the child.
The Oasis program provides trauma-informed therapy for survivors of sexual abuse and their non-offending caregivers.
The Parent to Child Program (P2C) works in collaboration with Dane County Human Services providing supervised visits on nights and weekends to families in the foster care system. P2C also offers support, advocacy, and the tools needed to empower families.
The canopy of services provides families and our community with skills and resources to strengthen and empower.
The Childcare Specialist & Receptionist is responsible for providing direct childcare supervision as needed, as well as a safe, nurturing, and activity-based environment for children in a trauma-informed setting. They must maintain the physical childcare space to ensure it is kept clean and tidy, setting up snacks for agency clients, and developing activities for childcare (especially art activities). They are also responsible for providing front desk coverage as needed within normal schedule.
Knowledge of child development, infant and toddler care, programming and child care for a wide range of children, are essential. Three to five years of experience providing childcare. Ability to work as a member of a team and to work flexible hours, evening work required. First Aid training is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite. Professional attitude and appearance. Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise. High School diploma or GED required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
• Ensure childcare is available and provided for all childcare shifts needed by Canopy Center
• Plan and orchestrate childcare activities that are educational, fun and nurturing; ensuring that adult (staff and volunteers) to child interactions are appropriate
• Maintain the childcare room to ensure safety, cleanliness, and creativity
• Ensure supplies and snacks are stocked for childcare shifts
• Maintain records of attendance and information forms on all childcare children, which may include creation of forms when needed
• Maintain system to ensure that all children are accounted for in the event of emergency
• Coordinate childcare for special events, as requested
• Provide program staff with feedback/updates on childcare that may be of assistance in direct service provision to a child/family
• Work with all the programs in the agency to ensure a welcoming environment
• Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
• Ensure reception area and lobby is tidy and presentable
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures
• Answer, screen, and forward phone calls
• Perform other clerical duties as assigned by supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
30 hours per week. Monday through Thursday, late morning into the evening. Occasional Fridays.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$24,960 - $29,640 annually, based on qualifications. Long-term disability and life insurance policy premiums paid in full by agency. Health insurance is available for employees working 30 or more hours per week, with single coverage paid 90% by the agency. SIMPLE IRA payroll contribution available with agency match of 1-3%. A full Benefits Summary is included in the application packet.
Download application packet from website at http://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/careers.html, or contact the Human Resources Manager through Craigslist to receive an application packet. Must return cover letter; resume; a list of three professional references; answers to application questions; completed employee verification, authorization, and release statement and background check authorization; and completed federal reporting form. The position will be posted until filled.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers