Portage Lumber Do it Best, a locally-owned home center, is looking for a dependable full-time or part-time Interior Design Specialist to plan and design interior environments of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings by performing required duties. **Looking for individual who specializes in or feels comfortable in cabinet design (specifically using 20/20 software).**
QR Code Link to This Post
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confer with clients to determine preferences and style, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design and formulate environmental plan to be practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving life style of occupants.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, color schemes, and color coordination.
- Render design ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, cabinets, and related items.
- Plan and design interior environments for home and business spaces.
- Able to design cabinet layouts (use 20/20 software) with ease.
- Generate creative solutions; translate concepts and information into images.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Achieve sales goals.
- Initiate new contacts as well as maintain current customer satisfaction.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Manage difficult customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; meet commitments.
- Speak clearly and persuasively; listen well and get clarification.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have an Associate's degree or equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school; six months to a year related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license.
- Access to a vehicle for transportation.
- Flexible to work during any of the hours of operation: M-F 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-5pm, Sun 9am-5pm.
Please submit resume to:
Attn: HR Dept.
1009 E. Wisconsin St
Portage, WI 53901
May email resume as well.