compensation: Flexible depending on the candidate's experience and knowledge in the area. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Rental Equipment Associate
Portage Lumber is looking for candidates for a Rental Equipment Associate position.
This position will be responsible for all operations of the rental equipment department; including but not limited to: assessing the correct piece of equipment a customer needs for a job, showing the customer proper use of the equipment, entering in reservations and contracts in the computer, checking over the equipment to make sure it is properly maintained, and general maintenance and upkeep of the rental center and other areas of the store. Benefits & vacation time included for FT. Bonus pay on weekend shifts.
• Prior customer service experience preferred
• Knowledge on construction equipment and/or small engines
• Strong communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Literate in computers/software
• Strong organizational skills
• Mechanical aptitude is a plus
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Available to Saturdays
• Assisting customers to find the proper piece of equipment for their needs.
• Answering any questions regarding the rental equipment we have available.
• Checking in/out rental equipment with each rental transaction.
• Going over equipment with customers to ensure they know how to properly use the equipment.
• Using Rental and Point-of-Sale software to set up reservations and complete rental transactions.
• Troubleshoot issues the customer may have with equipment in person or by phone.
• Basic maintenance/minor repairs of rental equipment.
• Assisting customers with the loading of rental equipment.
• Using computer software to assist customers with shipment of UPS packages.
• Assisting customer with Penske truck rentals - checking in/out trucks and set-up/complete reservations with computer software.
• Cleaning of work area and other miscellaneous daily tasks to keep work space operational.
Shifts may include any hours during the rental department's operational hours: M-F: 7am-7pm, Sat: 7am-5pm.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Portage Lumber,
P.O. Box 425, HR Dept., Portage, WI 53901.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers