compensation: $65,000+ to be determined based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Millwork Specialists is a leading distributor to builders and contractors for all their pre-finished moulding and pre-hung door needs. Our mission is simple, "Exceeding Customer's Expectations - On Time, Experienced and Complete". We use only environmental friendly materials to achieve the finish they're looking for. We work with premium quality products from leading manufacturers. We specialist in craftsmanship and quality, and with our State-of-the-Art Pre-Finishing Shop can work quickly and produce large or small quantities with exceptional workmanship. Whether customers need baseboards, window or door casing, mouldings, handrails, stairs, architectural columns, wood doors, or door hardware, we have them covered.
We are looking for a Production Manager to oversees and supervises all component of millwork production activities including planning, coordinating and assigning work in order to meet or exceed output and productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees and supervises individuals and work teams in the performance of a variety of work activities such as work process set up, assembly, sheathing and stacking; evaluates efficiency of work processes and identifies and implements process improvements to optimize productivity.
2. Provides on-the-job skills and quality standards training to both new and seasoned employees in order to ensure that learning and self-development opportunities exist for production staff.
3. Meets with teams and lead workers to inform them of daily, weekly, monthly production goals; encourage questions and suggestions and provides feedback on accomplishments and upcoming challenges to keep employees involved and motivated in accomplishing goals.
4. May supervise other activities such as maintaining inventory levels, unloading, storage and movement of raw materials, placement and loading of finished products for shipping and delivery.
5. While primary role is supervisory in nature, may be required to perform duties of assigned employees.
6. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and oversees the activities of other employees in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
7. Other duties may be assigned.
• Knowledge of millwork products, production processes and product standards – will to train the right candidate
• Skilled in use of all tools and equipment used for component manufacture at location – willing to train
• Ability to execute plans/projects through others using time management and organization, critical thinking and problem solving.
• Good verbal and written communication skills including conflict resolution
CHARACTERISTICS LOOKING FOR
• Hard working
• Quick learner
• Positive attitude
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and five (5) years’ experience performing and coordinating component manufacturing activities, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
• May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Competitive benefits available upon completion of probationary period which include health, dental, life, disability and retirement!!
For immediate consideration, reply to this ad now or call Carl at 414-940-6729 to discuss in person!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers